Rentals Page with Applications: http://longforddc.com/rentals/
- Each applicant must complete a separate application and must be 18 years of age or older.
- The entire application must be completed. Failure to supply information can mean an application denial.
- Longford only accepts online applications.
- If a co-signer is required, the co-signor must also complete an application.
- Longford processes applications after receipt. Selection is not a first-come, first-served process.
- When filling out an application, applicants must upload verifiable photo identification such as driver’s’ license, military ID, state ID, or passport into the application. Identification from merchant stores is not acceptable.
- If applying online with more than one application, all applicants’ names must be specified in the notes section of the application.
Application Processing Fee
To cover the costs incurred while processing your application (including pulling credit history and background checks) there is a fee.
- A $50 application fee is required per application, without exception, and is non-refundable.
- A $50 application fee for cosigners is required as well, and is non-refundable.
What we look for in all applications are good income, credit, and resident history or ownership of all applicants, proving the ability to support the rental income and care for the property. Negative findings on one or more of the three areas can cause denial of an application: false documentation is immediate grounds for denial of an application.
- All applicants are required to supply reasonable, reliable, and legal documentation on all income; all documentation on income is required in a timely manner. This can include: employee records, income tax records, social security documentation, monthly stipends, trust funds, and other sources that will reflect the ability to make monthly rental payments. We seek to confirm income of 3x the monthly rent.
- Longford must be able to verify all income sources, and reserves the right to disqualify applicants for failure to prove income, supply adequate documentation, or prove the ability to support rental payments.
- Longford obtains a credit report for all applicants, and does not accept copies of credit reports from applicants. There are no exceptions.
- Longford accepts discharged bankruptcies, if the prospective resident has re-established good credit.
- Negative credit reports can be grounds for denial of an application.
Rental History or Property Ownership
- Longford requires a minimum of two (2) years of rental history, and/or homeownership, unless a co-signer is accepted or mitigating circumstances are proven.
- All references must be verifiable. Unfortunately, family references are not accepted.
- Negative references can be grounds for denial of an application.
- Within 3-5 business days of application, we will notify applicants of acceptance or denial. If more documentation is required or if we cannot complete verifications, we will notify you.
- All applicants applying together must qualify; denial of one applicant results in the denial of all applicants.
- Giving false information is automatic grounds for denial.
If you have any questions on the application process, please feel free to contact our office through phone at (202) 747-6555 or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your application!